Saturday, April 24, 2010

THE VISIONARY HEDGE FUND MANAGER/Michael Burry

He'd always been different from what one might expect a hedge fund manager to be. He wore the same shorts and t-shirts to work for days on end. He refused to wear watches or even his wedding ring. To calm himself at work he often blared heavy metal music. "I think these personal foibles of mine were tolerated among many as long as things were going well, they became signs of incompetence or inability on my part-even among employees and business partners. The partners closest to me tend to ultimately hate me... This business kills a part of life that is pretty essential. The thing is, I haven't identified what it kills. But it is something vital that is dead inside of me. I can feel it" On a portfolio of $550 million he realized profits of greater than $720 million. His investors offered him no praise whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment